Hey Everyone Welcome back to my blog! Today’s post is a Vegan (as always) Matcha Green Tea Raspberry Swirl Nicecream that is not only delicious but good for your body. Matcha seems to be the new “trend” lately in many coffee shops and I’m sure many of you are wondering well, what is it? Matcha is actually an old Japanese powder that comes from leaves of Camellia sinensis plants and turned into a powder. Many use it to make tea, dessert, or incorporate it into dinner recipes. So, what makes it the new “super food” so great? Aside from its amazing flavor, here is a list of some of its benefits:
- It is high in antioxidants.
- They contain organic (not man made) antioxidants which are substances that inhibit oxidation and remove potentially damaging oxidizing agents in your body. They may prevent or delay some types of cell damage.
- It is filled with the Catechin ECGg.
- Catechin EGCg is type of organic phenol and a powerful antioxidant that fights against free radicals that can damage healthy cells and may even cause cancer. It promotes neurogenesis which can improve brain function and promotes weight loss by inducing fat oxidation.
- Helps to improve anxiety and promotes relaxation.
- Matcha leaves contains an amino acid L-Theanine that promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation.
- Increases healthy energy
- Drinking 1 cup of matcha tea is about equivalent to drinking 10 cups of green tea. Many drink this as a healthier alternative to coffee because it’ll give you a healthy boost of energy without that crash.
- The matcha leaves contain high levels of chlorophyll. This not only give this tea its beautiful vibrant green color but Matcha is also a powerful detoxifier capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body.
Now for the Recipe:
approximately 2-3 frozen ripened bananas
(the more ripe the banana the sweeter the nicecream)
1 tbsp maple syrup
(This step is optional if you want to add extra sweetness and flavor. You can also use agave necar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
(or vanilla bean/powder if you want to avoid the alcohol in extract)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp matcha
1/4 tsp spirulina
handful of hempseed
1 tsp macha root powder
(the last 3 steps are optional but are great for added nutrition)
Blend everything up in a high speed blender or food processor.
For the raspberry swirl I blended up frozen raspberries with some beet root powder. You can add an additional sweeter as well and swirl it on top of your nicecream or add it to your piping bag.
If you’d like an additional Matcha recipe check out my video below. I made some delicious matcha tarts that are a huge hit and very easy to make! I enjoy these in the morning with a cup of tea or to compliment a matcha tea..ENJOY!